|Do you want to get involved in some serious, impactful projects for social change? Support the finalists from our first ever Social Innovation Challenge held on April 5, 2014. We sought out the most exciting and promising entrepreneurs working in the Fulbright spirit and were blown away by their inspiring ideas!
We are proud to share with you the winner of the Fulbright Association’s first ever Social Innovation Challenge: Odd Jobber, a simple mobile tool that connects low-income workers to everyday jobs to help increase their daily income. Adnan Khawaja, a Fulbright alumn and Acumen fellow in Pakistan, Skyped in from Lahore to pitch his amazing idea at TEDxFulbright! Envision the World, a program to distribute reading glasses in developing countries, won the Fulbright Innovative Spirit Award by getting the most votes from around the world during their pitch at TEDxFulbright! Erwin Cho, Fulbright alumnus, National Board Member, and President of the Northern California Chapter of the Fulbright Association partnered with Mark Sachs, Founder of RestoringVision.org to form this amazing partnership!
Learn more about these inspiring projects by checking out our Fulbright crowdfunding page to support our winners, finalists, and semi-finalists here: http://www.rockethub.com/projects/partner/fulbright
The fantastic Finalists who pitched live at TEDxFulbright:
- Lawrence OnBoard, transforming transportation in rural America by using the empty seats in our cars to build a safe network of neighbors driving neighbors.
- reACTor, a mobile game that connects news with social action, calling users to action inspired by news.
- SEQUEL, a comprehensive and integrated system of resource services to assist people making wise choices in the retirement transition.
And the amazing Semi-Finalists:
- GreenRider, sharing, comparing, and “gamifying” our car fuel data as we drive to improve our driving habits, allow us to save money, and encourage responsible use of our planet’s natural resources.
- Global Healthcare Training Initiative, providing open access to continuing education to health care professionals to improve their delivery methods.
It is not too late to get involved! We urge you to check out and support these amazing projects in reaching their goals on the Fulbright Association Rockethub page today.
Fulbright Association Staff
1320 19th Street, NW, Suite 350
Washington, DC 20036
Phone +1.202.775.0725 | Fax +1 202.775.0727
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.fulbright.org